Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Twelve Days of Christmas

Magnet+Board+.jpg

I can't believe I forgot to post this! I have been frantically trying to get my blog caught up & I completely forgot to do our Twelve Days of Christmas gift!


For Christmas this year my parents gave us an AMAZING gift! My mom spent hours and hours putting these together & I feel horrible that I didn't get more pictures - partly because I didn't have a good camera to use & also because my family hates getting their pictures taken (see other posts) & I didn't want to distract them from their gifts! So I copied these pictures off of my mom's blog so you could all see what amazing parents I have!!

Day 1 - The Gift of Service
The story of The Last Straw was a family tradition that we did every year growing up & I think we have all carried that on in our own families - so this was a great way to begin.

Day+1.jpg

Day 2 - The Gift of Music

Another tradition in our house growing up was listening to Christmas music starting November 1st! I love Christmas music & now do the same in my house, but I usually have to listen to it alone or when I just have the girls home - my boys did not get my love for good music!!


Day+2.jpg

Day 3 - The Gift of Love

She gave us this yummy recipe & the ingredients. We had to make these and then deliver them to neighbors. Of course I burned the first batch, so we only gave out one big plate full, but it's the thought that counts right?!


Day+3.jpg

Day 4 - The Gift of Friends

We each wrote a letter to a family member or friend expressing our gratitude to them!


Day+4.jpg

Day 5 - The Gift of Knowledge

We received some great books to read!


Day+5.jpg

Day 6 - The Gift of Sacrifice

This was one of my favorite ones - They had $10 for each member of the family in an envelope and we had to find someone who needed it & give it to them. It was nice to see the kids think about others and how we could help them by putting all our money together.

Day+6.jpg

Day 7 - The Gift of Memories

The kids got a kick out of this book. It was a fun trip down memory lane of Christmases over the years with my parents telling about each picture. Rylee must have listen/read it 50 times!!

Day+7+.jpg

Day 8 - The Gift of Work

This actually fell on Sunday so the only cleaning we did was our kitchen! The kids had fun doing this also & it was nice to have everyone help!

Day+8+.jpg


Before


After!!

Day 9 - The Gift of Food

Day+9+.jpg

Day 10 - The Gift of Time

My amazing sister made us each of us a fantastic family calendar & then we got some fun games & movies to watch together!!


Day+10+.jpg

Day 11 - The Gift of the Gospel

Once again my amazing sister put together an amazing ABC gospel quiet book for Rylee and then we got some other gospel books for everyone else along with my parents testimony inside - priceless!!


Day+11.jpg

Day 12 - The Gift of Family

My mom took all of our family pictures over the last few months and then had them all printed up and they hand delivered these to us on Christmas Day! I am so blessed to have such wonderful, loving, selfless parents! Thank you Dad & Mom for a Christmas we will never forget!!


Gift+12+.jpg

No comments: