Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Things I Love

Sorry this post was supposed to be posted in February (hence the love theme), but since I'm a tad bit behind please bare with me. Here are a few things I love:

How much my kids love to get their picture taken!! This wonderful shot was taken after church the Sunday before Valentine's day - I thought they all looked so festive & wanted to get a fun shot of all my kids, instead I got this!!
When I ask my 16 year old to let me take his picture this is the best I get - awesome!!
When I ask my 4 year old to let me take her picture, this is what I get - adorable!!
Kourtney's facial expressions she makes during her cheer performances! I hadn't been to her practices once they started practicing all their fun facial expressions for competition, so I was very surprised at her first competition to see her blowing kisses & winking at the judges! Jess caught this awesome moment on camera!!
Zach's new glasses!! Both my boys have had their vision go this year. Gunnar is now wearing contacts & Zach is in glasses. He was pretty excited to get them & all the attention that has come with it!!
Jessica's love for photography, poetry, & her quick wit!! Jess has turned into our comic relief around here! She especially loves to torture her dad! He asked her the other day if it was a goal of hers to tease him relentlessly, and she quickly responded, "nope, just a hobby!"
She has also grown to love taking pictures - she took all of the boys basketball pictures & several others I have blogged. She is very excited about her photography class she will be taking next year!!Monthly Craft Day with my mom & sisters!! My mom spear headed this new tradition this year. Each month we get together to craft, eat, & laugh. She hosted the first craft day & came up with a few craft ideas for us. Telisa made up an adorable Valentine's subway art (check out her blog for more of her amazing projects!!) & then we made some fun topiaries. It took me another month to finish my projects, but I love them!!
Then I hosted this month's craft day - I have always wanted to make a fun green wreath to hang on my door for the month of March & I found a fun idea online. Here are my finished projects!
Last, but certainly not least - My wonderful family & my little town of Spanish Fork. This picture was taken after Zach's championship football game. In the 13 years we have lived here we have grown to love Spanish Fork - the town, the people, the schools.
When the kids were still in elementary school I heard only bad things about the Junior High & High School, so I have been dreading my kids reaching those wonderful teenage years and attending these schools. I happy to say that our experience at both school have been nothing short of fabulous! As I have become involved in the PTA at Spanish Fork Junior High & Spanish Fork High School, I have grown to love them both!! It really hit me hard this year with Gunnar at the high school & playing football for them. We are now officially full of Don Pride!!

2 comments:

Tristen said...

Man it makes me want to move to Spanish Fork. I love all your school pride. You guys are such a great family. How did you manage to get Chad almost smiling in this picture?

Mama Beus said...

He had just helped coach a perfect season!!