Saturday, March 29, 2008

Jessica's 12th Birthday!!

Jess was so excited to receive a package in the mail from her favorite Aunt Telisa, that she couldn't wait to open it! Telisa it is beautiful! Thank you so much! She loves it.




We opened Jess' presents in shifts this year. I took her shopping last week and let her pick out some clothes, but I wrapped them up so she could open them on her birthday. She was very anxious to get ready for school so she opened her gifts with the clothes and the we were going to wait until after school for the rest. Chad came in before the kids left for school and she convinced us to let her open a few more before school! Then after school she opened up her book of letters. She started to cry has she realized what it was. She was so sweet and sat and read for awhile! Thank you all who wrote to her! She will treasure this book forever! And if there is anybody who would still like to write I left some blank pages!!



Jess wanted to go ice skating for her birthday, so after her favorite dinner we headed over to Seven Peaks Ice Arena. The kids had a blast, even though they all walked away with bumps and bruises. None of our kids have ever been ice skating so I was a little nervous taking 5 rookies knowing Chad wasn't going to be much help either since he had never skated. I told the kids I would have to take turns with two at a time and give them a quick lesson. Well, I should have known that they didn't need my help at all. Zach and Kourtney were the first ones out on the ice and by the time I got mine and Rylee's skates on they were spinning in circles and doing all kinds of tricks! What show offs! Jess picked up on it pretty quick also, she made it the longest without falling!! Gunnar decided skating is not for him. He fell quite a bit and ended up with a bad headache! He was good not to give up, he said by the end he was finally getting it figured out, but I don't she skating in his future! Rylee on the other hand loved it!! She couldn't really stand up straight on the ice so I had a hold of both of her hands, and then I tried to just skate with her in front of me. The funny thing was she didn't try to skate at all, she was perfectly content to just let me push her along. She was completely limp and relaxed, so it was like holding dead weight in front of me and I had to bend over to keep her feet on the ice. I guess it worked well, she had a blast and would not let me stop. My back ached horribly by the time we were done! The kids decided that we need to do this every week! It was a fun night - came home and had cake and ice cream and then watched "Cutting Edge 3!" Thanks again to all who made Jess birthday so fabulous!


















9 comments:

Unknown said...

Darling, Darling, Darling Tiff!! I love the picture where Jessica is reading her book of letters and crying. What a tender heart she has. It's Sunday morning and we finally have internet for a minute and I am cherishing everyone's blog entries!! The ice skating looks so fun! I am so glad Jess had a wonderful birthday, she deserves it!!

Unknown said...

By the way, that was Mom talking in the blog from Telisa.

Stephie said...

Too cute! I never got the hang of skating. Even with lessons! I broke one wrist ice skating and the other roller skating! But they look like pros in the pics!

Unknown said...

Tiffany Anne- How did you make that cake? You are incredible. I am so glad Jess got her picture and it wasn't all crinkled. She is one amazing 12 year old! I love the picture of Rylee and you skating!

Stephanie said...

Jessica is such a good girl you should be so happy she is yours!
We missed her in singing time in primary today. How did you make the cake that is so Fab!

Tara said...

Tiff that cake is unbelievable how did you make it??? Jess 's birthday seemed amazing I am glad she had a great day. Once you are mother of the year you go above and beyond.

Kim said...

OK, I'm still crying from the picture of Jessica crying reading her letters. That is precious. I'm so glad she had a great B-day. Where did she get the awesome picture of the temple. Also, on my computer the purple writing wouldn't show up so I couldn't read the word. The pictures literally said it all!!

Tristen said...

Seriously, how did you make that cake?? What can't you do? I'm so glad her birthday was a good one. Family night looked like some good fun. I am still trying to get Adam to write his letter. I love the ice skating pictures and the pictures from her birthday. I guess I am a cry baby too, I cried looking at that picture of Jess reading her book of letters.

Barney & Sherrie said...

We have been checking in on your family and enjoy any news we find. Your kids are getting big.