Thursday, July 23, 2009

My Eagle Project, oops, I mean Gunnar's Eagle Project

I am not sure who is going to be more happy when we are finally done with Gunnar's Eagle Project - him or me! We chose to plant trees at the park across from our church for his project. They were supposed to come last fall, but instead they showed up in the dead of summer - the worst time of year to plant - but plant we did! 30 trees in all were planted and then Gunnar has had to go back and water them twice a week. We are not quite sure how long the watering is going to go on. We are starting to think that maybe that could be someone else's project. The hardest part of this whole process for Gunnar has been having to make phone calls & the do the paper work involved in becoming an Eagle Scout! We aren't quite done yet, but I think the hard part is over. The trees are planted & most of his paper work is done, now we just have the Board of Review! Can I just say how glad I am that I only have two boys and they are 6 years apart!!

Trees, trees, and more trees!
The teacher's quorum of the Lake Shore 2nd Ward hard at work!
I still need to take some 'after' pictures! I keep forgetting to take my camera! I will post them soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, that is A LOT of work. Tiff, you will get your eagle twice!