Monday, January 26, 2009

Horse babies!!



Here are a few pictures of our newest additions!! We have a total of 6 babies so far, 1 stud colt & 5 fillies - one did not make it & too make it worse Chad ruptured a disc in his back pulling that baby out. He has been in alot of pain this last week, we had an MRI done and we are hoping to avoid surgery with some physical therapy. We will keep you posted on his progress. The only good thing that has come of his back injury is that he is forced to let us help him more out in the barn. This last baby was born Saturday night, & I got to help deliver it - when I say help, I mean pull with all my strength while Chad tried to sit patiently by, but couldn't help himself and had to pull a little bit. He tells me I did most of the pulling, and he didn't hurt himself any more, so hopefully I prevented him from any more pain! We had just gotten in bed when the mare went into labor so I have no makeup on & look pretty scary, but I had to record this momentous occasion! Zach was the photographer! He was very proud to be able to take these pictures!!


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Tiffany, you never cease to amaze me!! Chad going to heal and be even more grateful for his wonderful wife!! aka "Super Woman"

Tristen said...

You are incredible Tiff! Way to pull that baby out of her mama!

Unknown said...

. . . and the coolest wife!!