Friday, January 9, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

Rylee getting an early start on the party!!
The kids making our traditional pizzas for New Year's Eve!Our kids love to make homemade pizzas! Gunnar had a few friends over so they all got in on the action!! Jess wasn't too happy to get her picture taken - New Year's isn't her favorite holiday!! She is an early bird just like her daddy!
While the pizzas were cooking, in a moment of weakness I let Kourtney, Zach & even Rylee have a little Mountain Dew! (I know, I know! I have completely failed as a parent!) I couldn't resist when Rylee asked, "Please, mom, have little bit, yes?" (Mom you may want to skip over these next pictures!) Amazingly she still went to bed around 10:00 with Chad & Jess. We joke in our house we have to have two New Year's Eve parties - one for Chad, Jess & Rylee that ends by 9:30 so they can go to bed and then one at midnight for the rest of us!! Could you say no to this face??
Our firework crew!! Gus, Gunnar, & Cooper





We had some big fireworks left over from the 4th of July & so we decided to let some off to celebrate the new year!! The boys did a great job, I didn't have to help at all and no one got hurt!!

Kourtney and Zach stuck with the safe stuff - poppers!

We found out that flowers (the firework kind) look really cool burning on a sled, but it is possible the sled will not look the same afterwards!

They also look really cool if you stick them in snow and then light them up!!

Thanks boys for a great show!

2 comments:

Tristen said...

You are a great mom Tiff. My kids didn't even know that it was New Year's, we put them to bed as usual and had some friends over for games. We actually did stay up until midnight, even though we didn't plan on it!

Kim said...

What a party!!! I love it!