Monday, November 3, 2008
The Joys of Fall
I hadn't planned on canning any thing this year due to the complete lack of time and energy, but then Chad called me and said we could go out to the orchard by our old house and pick all the peaches we wanted. I couldn't pass on it! Chad, Rylee & I spent about an hour picking peaches and filled 5 big bins with enough peaches to feed us for a year!! Then a few days later my friend called me and said she had some grapes for juicing that she was not going to use, so I got to make grape juice also! As you can see I had some great helpers! I didn't get any pics of Tris & I doing peaches. She was a trooper - she was only 2 days away from delivering her 4th baby in 5 years and instead of resting, she chose to spend the day with me canning peaches and making peach jam! Thanks Tris, it was a blast!! And I'm glad to hear that Adam loves the jam!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment