Several years ago while I was driving around town here in Spanish Fork, I drove by this Iceland Memorial and was shocked! My baby sister Telisa has loved Iceland and has always dreamed of going there. And she also loves lighthouses! And here in our little town was a small lighthouse with the Icelandic flag! It was like it was meant to be!! So this week the stars finally aligned and I had my camera with me, I had some time to stop, and I actually remembered to stop & take some pictures. It was actually quite fascinating. For those of you who are wondering why the heck Spanish Fork has a memorial to Iceland, it is to honor the pioneer saints who answered the call from church leaders to come to Utah. They traveled on boat and then by handcart to Salt Lake and Brigham Young sent them to Spanish Fork! Crazy stuff!




4 comments:
That is so random and so cool!! Thank you for taking pictures of it. Don't you want to go to Iceland now too? It's a sign with neon lights and everything.
Cool Tiff! It's a sign Telisa!
Tiffany,
I found your blog through Stephanie's. I was shocked to see the Icelandic Monument on your blog. Some of my ancestors were the ones who settled here. If you or Telisa ever want to go to Iceland my mom does tours there every couple of years. I may actually be going the next time she goes now that I am DONE having kids.. It is a beautiful place and I have alot of contacts there.
Your kids are so cute and getting so big. We need to go to lunch one day with Stacey, Steph and Cindy. Now that school has started and I get rid of Beretta(the high maintenance child) for a few hours I have a little more time on my hands. I don't have a blog yet but it is on my to do list.
Take Care
Tracie
Wow, it was interesting to see the Icelandic memorial on your blog. I have a lot of decendents on my mother's side that came through Spanish Fork. My aunt was involved in getting this in place and another memorial placed over in Iceland. She does geneology quite a bit...Let's just say I get a book every year at the reunions. Barney
Post a Comment