It has been several years since I have joined my family in Lake Powell. Kourtney & Zach couldn't even remember ever being there, but I have pictures to prove other wise! I have to admit that Telisa that the big motivator for me to go solo to Lake Powell with 4 kids. Chad, even when I begged, would not go with us and then at the last minute Zach decided to stay home so he wouldn't miss his football practices! Yes, he is that serious about the sport!! Gunnar and Jess left Sunday morning with my Dad & Mom and then I brought the other two girls on Wednesday with Tara & our fabulous cousin Andrew. We were all so excited to be going to Lake Powell again!! And Lake Powell did not let us down - it was so beautiful and the weather was great and the company was the best!!

The star of Lake Powell - Bodie Dennis Van Leeuwen!! These two boys are the oldest and youngest of the Peters cousins. Bodie will soon be have two little cousins younger than him, but for now he is loving being the baby!! He was a perfect angel on the trip!
Jess & Bodie!
Kourtney was so excited to finally be at Lake Powell!!
Note to self - next time I go on a trip with my sisters, call ahead and plan who is bring what book!! We were a little obssessed with Bella, Edward & Jacob!! I was happy to finally finish the series on the houseboat - so was Tristen who was patiently waiting for me to finish so she could start!
Gunnar was in heaven with so many people willing and able to play card games!!
I'm not sure Jess knows what she is in for!!
Gunnar & Grandpa Den!!
I was glad to find out that I could still water ski, but I'm not sure I still look good doing it?!
Rylee was in heaven in Lake Powell!! Endless treats, the coolest toilets ever that you flush with your foot, playing in the water all day, and sleeping next to her mom! The only thing that didn't make it perfect for her was the absence of her two favorite guys - her daddy and Zachy!
Of course Rylee had to bring some horses along!
The sisters ready for a crazy ride!! We knew we were pretty safe when Tristen was on there - no one would hurt a pregnant lady right? But once she got in the boat we had to remind our dad that we are all mothers & wives, so to be gentle. We had a blast!
Me with my two girls!! Dad was a little more gentle with us, but we still had lots of fun!!
This was one of the highlights of the trip for me. Adam, Chase & Gunnar put their lives in my hands for a few minutes & I let them have it! The water was pretty chopping to begin with and then after a few figure 8's we hit some pretty good waves. Those who were in the boat got more wet than these guys!! I loved how they crossed their arms across Gunnar to keep him in his seat! They were all laughing so hard, it was a great time!
Somehow I managed to forget my camera, so thanks to everyone who took pictures for me. I can't believe I did that, I am still kicking myself! Gunnar and Jess both learned how to wake board - Thanks Uncle Clay!! Telisa got a few pictures of them but I can't upload them. I will add them when I get them. This is the whole gang with Mom behind the camera!! It really was a great group. It was great to see Clay, Telisa & Bodie! We miss you guys already!! Thanks Dad & Mom for letting us invade your houseboat, and for always being such great hosts! Thanks to Mom, Tara, Tristen, Telisa, Sara, Teresa, & Mindy for helping me keep an eye on Rylee! We all had a great time!

4 comments:
That was such a fun trip!! We DEFINITELY missed Zach but we know not to get in the way of his football. Clay dreams of Bodie being like that. It's already started he hasn't missed a Bears game. Clay keeps him up way past his bedtime
Boys and football! Adam about started crying last night because he heard football music on ESPN - he is very excited for football season! We did miss you Zach! Lake Powell was a blast, minus the mouse!
BTW, sorry about naming Dad as the driver when Adam, Chase and Gunnar were tubing. I am an idiot! I guess I was remembering when you were out there with your girls and Dad was driving. Pregnant stupids. That was a definite favorite moment of the trip! I changed it on my blog, so it's right now!
So glad you were able to come!! You made the trip so much better!!! FUN ALL AROUND!
Post a Comment