Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Outdoor Adventures!

I thought this year it would be fun to let my kids plant one of our flower pots by themselves and then be in charge of watering that pot! They took their job very seriously and all the flowers look beautiful! Hopefully they will look good all summer!



Gunnar caught this snake on a scout camp and had to bring it home! Even though I hate snakes, and I mean hate them, I have gotten used to Gunnar coming home with all kinds of critters and wanted to keep them. So we compromise and he can have whatever creature he wants, but it has to stay in the garage and he has to pay for it's food. The snake was a big hit - even Rylee loved it - definitely Chad's daughter. She would even hold it! A few days after Gunnar brought this lovely snake home, he and Kourtney were getting very concerned that he was not eating enough and decided to let him go. They had no idea the heartache they would cause Zach and Rylee! Those two cried for about an hour after the snake was set free! To quote Zach, "They didn't even let us say goodbye" Chad & I were trying so hard to be sad with them, but really we were laughing inside! I am happy to report that they have both recovered quite nicely from this whole experience.


1 comment:

Tristen said...

That's such a great idea Tiff! Someday when I have a yard, I will have to copy that one. Adam has informed me that we will be having all sorts or critters as well when the boys get older. GROSS! I don't even think I could let them in the garage. You are a nice mom.