I can't believe our sweet little angel is now 16!! Time has flown by way too fast! Jessica is a beautiful young woman who brings me joy everyday! She is a second mother to Rylee, & is a natural with all kids! She has become an amazing photographer & keeps us laughing with her sarcasm & quick wit! She is our angel & we love her so much!!
She went back and forth between having a big birthday party or just inviting a few friends to go to the midnight opening of the Hunger Games! Can you tell which one she picked!! We had way too much fun planning for the big night!! 

I girl only turns 16 once, so I decided to go all out & make some fun, 'authentic' Hunger Games food (thanks again to Pinterest!!). We had orange juice, rabbit skewers, fruitcopias, trail mix, bread & cookies from Peeta's bakery, Wild greens salad & some fun cupcakes!
Then we made these fun t-shirts & bags and headed to the theater! Rylee got so caught up in the excitement of the night, was such a great helper planning everything & we ended up with an extra ticket, so I didn't have the heart to tell her she couldn't come. It worked out great because I really didn't want her to see the movie, but she got to feel like one of the big kids, then fell asleep during the previews & woke up for the last few minutes of the movie!
We surprised Jess on her birthday with a fabulous day!! First stop was to the DMV to get her license, then shopping, a makeover, a massage and yep, even a new car!! She was speechless!!! I would have to say it was a pretty great day, until that evening when we got a call from my mom telling us that her dad would probably not live much more than a day or two. So we rushed up there and spent some time with my family & said goodbye to my sweet grandpa. Lots of tears were shed that evening!




4 comments:
Great post Tiff! Your daughter is an angel in every sense! I love her so much!!! Her Hungar Game party was your usual AMAZING!!
I am going to adopt her one day. I only hope my daughter will be as amazing as she is when she grows up! LOVE JESSICA ANNE! Wish I remembered watching that movie and not being drugged.
Ok, this post made me cry. Sweet Jessica who I love like she was my own daughter and hearing the news of Grandpa. Oh man, I miss you guys. So glad she had a good birthday!!
Ok, this post made me cry. Sweet Jessica who I love like she was my own daughter and hearing the news of Grandpa. Oh man, I miss you guys. So glad she had a good birthday!!
Post a Comment