Saturday, March 28, 2009

That's Gotta Hurt!!

Last week, as I was peacefully reading a book in my room, I heard someone screaming outside. I could tell by the scream that someone was experiencing some major pain so I raced out of my room to find Zach coming in from outside screaming, "My finger!, my finger!" For those of you who don't know - I have a horribly weak stomach when it comes to blood, so when my kids get hurt I always gringe to check out their injury for fear that if it is bad, I might faint before I can do much to help them! Well this was one of those times that I got a little weak in the knees and said a silent prayer that I would be able to keep my lunch down! Zach had slammed his finger in our barn door and it was bad! It looked like the tip of his finger was just dangling & I saw lots of blood and other things inside his finger that I don't have the stomach for. I immediately knew he was going to need stitches, but called Chad to come in to check it out more thoroughly! He concurred, so Zach, Kourtney & I headed to the ER. 2 shots, 4 stitches, 1 x-ray, & 3 hours later we left with a much happier boy, a bored-to-death sister, and a sick-to-her-stomach mom! The diagnosis - Zach has a hairline fracture & some torn ligaments in his right middle finger. We went to a Orthopedic hand surgeon on Monday to see if he would need surgery to fix the torn ligaments, but we were happy to be told that he should heal fine on his own. We have to go back next week to have it checked again. We'll keep you posted.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

sara said...

WOW!!! you did a lot of blogging! you are one busy women. I love Kourtney's outfit on st. Patrick's day, and that random car is so funny! Zack's finger gave me the chills...poor little Fella.

Kathryn said...

Poor Zach! That looks extremely painful. I'm proud of you for holding on to your lunch, and your wits! What a day! Kourtney looks awesome!

Tristen said...

Yikes Zach. You are one tough kid. I'm impressed.