Today our sweet little Jessica Anne turned 13!! Yikes, I can't believe I have two teenagers!!

We had a house full of giggling girls last night to celebrate Jess' birthday! We started out the night with everyone making their own little pizzas & breadsticks.

Then Jess opened presents! She loved all of her stuff and is grateful for great friends who knew exactly what to get her!



Then we headed downstairs to play musical chairs with a twist (they were all blindfolded and we moved the chairs around while the music played!). It was a big hit. I definitely recommend that game to anyone who wants a good laugh!


After the game they settled down to watch a movie. We ended the night by singing to Jess and eating cake! This was my first attempt at using fondant to decorate a cake. I have always loved making fun cakes for my kids, but since I have been hooked on the Food Network cake shows (Ace of Cakes and Challenge) I have wanted to up my game by trying out fondant. It didn't turn out quite like I had envisioned, but Jess loved it and Chad was very impressed so that's all that matters! Next month I will try and again for Rylee's birthday and hopefully learn a few more tricks!
6 comments:
It's a BEAUTIFUL cake!! What a great B-day for a great girl!!!
Wow, the cakes this year! First the Peters, then the Beus' and now the VanLeeuwens (Telisa)! All so fun and impressive!!
looks like a fun party!! I hope she had a great day. WE LOVE JESS!!!
Seriously Tiffany Anne. That cake is amazing! Duff would be proud. I am ready for our lessons! So stinking cute.
happy birthday, Jessica!! oh, what a sweet girl. so grown-up and so pretty. the cake is pretty impressive too! love and miss you all:)
Whoa! That is a lot of blogging! Where to start...
1. I hope you and sweet Jess had awesome birthdays, which it looks like you did!
2. What a beautiful cake!!
3. Oh my gosh, poor Zach! It looks painful when it was all stitched up so I can only imagine the pain he went through before that! And what you must have seen!
4. You are just so fun! I wish I could go to your house for St. Patty's and Valentine's Day and all the holidays for that matter! You are so stinkin' creative and organized! I never remember those days until it is too late! Way to go Tiff! You rock!!!
Post a Comment