Sunday, August 26, 2012

We did things!

I can't believe summer has come and gone!  It went by way too fast and as usual I didn't get to do half of the things I would have like with the kids.  But here is proof that we did have some fun, see kids I'm not such a horrible mother after all:)
Girls Camp - It was so fun to be able to just go and enjoy being with my girls and not being in charge this year!  We had a great time at camp!

Jess & her friend Paige channeling their inner hippy! 
  
Of course, what's a summer at the Beus' without catching a few frogs, snakes and any other critter!
 One of my favorite pictures ever!!!  Thanks Jess once again for capturing this moment!!  Zach was the only one who played baseball this summer, which made it easy for us all to be there cheering him on!  
 This kid is a complete joy to watch play any sport!!  He is a great athlete, but more than that he has great sportsmanship!  When he gets tagged out or someone catches his hit, he will give them a high five as he leaves the field, in football he is the only player who helps the kid he just tackled back up on his feet.  Every coach he has played for has told us how much they love having Zach on their team because of this attitude & his gift to understand the fundamentals of every game!  

Rylee & Zach had swimming lessons - Rylee was so proud of herself that she learned to jump off the diving board and get to the side all by herself!!  

Rylee & I went on several bike rides together this summer as I was training for a triathlon.  She was a great coach and helped me get ready for the big day!
Zach being a good sport with his beautiful cousins & sister!
Chad bought all the kids a bow at the start of the summer, they have had fun learning the art of archery!  Watch out Katniss!!

We actually took the boat out a few times this summer!  Sad that we don't do this more often anymore, life is just too crazy.  Each of the kids had fun learning to drive the boat - Kourtney is not pictured because I asked Zach to take the pic & he got more of Chad's arm than Kourtney!
 



It was great to see Chad out on the water having fun!  The kids were all amazed with his water skiing skills!  
 Chad was in charge of the dinner at our ward campout and he had this great idea to cook a pig in the ground!  It was quite a project and one that we will probably not being doing again soon!  I think it turned out great, but it was a lot of work!!



 What's wrong with this picture?  I guess it's about time Rylee gives her two big sis' a break!

 Kourtney was in the Fiesta Days Parade again this year with her cheer team.  She is a beautiful cheerleader and it has been amazing to see her learn all that is involved to be successful at her sport!  

Rylee had so much fun at the carnival during Fiesta Days - she loved getting her face painted!!

2 comments:

Tristen said...

You have the greatest family! Love all these pictures!!!

Unknown said...

Ok lady, you guys have the best adventures. You caught some great memories on camera!