I can not believe I have a 15 year old! It seems like just the other day he was our cute little G-man! He has been such a blessing in our lives! I love his tender heart & the fact that he still hugs me every night and tells me he loves me! People are drawn to Gunnar and every who meets him can't help but love him. He is a great example to his siblings, even if he does beat up on them a little more than needed! We love you Gunnar and are so proud of who you are!!
Gunnar is very excited to be 15 and what this next year will bring for him. I think it is safe to say that he is more excited to drive than to date (so are Chad & I!). For his birthday he wanted to go paint balling with his friends up on our ranch. It wasn't really a party, because he is too cool for that kind of stuff now. And of course I couldn't get the boys to pose for pictures, because they are too cool. So I took a few shots while they were getting ready for battle! Notice they didn't start until dark! Chad thought they were crazy (this from the man who spent most of his nights in high school spotlighting all night!!) I thought for sure we were going to have someone fall and break an ankle or something because we were doing this the night before their first football game! I am glad to say that not one boy was too seriously harmed, Chad & Zach couldn't resist a few cheap shots at the boys while they were at the truck reloading and we were watching from the safety of my car! I think they were the ones who inflicted the most pain! The boys all had a blast & Chad realized he is getting old - it was all he could do to stay awake past midnight waiting for the boys to run out of paintballs!
Zach was very excited to play with the big boys! He got all his gear on and then had a change of heart as the boys went off running in different directions in the dark, so he ended up sitting in the car with Chad & I. After hitting a few boys from the safety of the car and getting some shooting lessons from his dad, he passed out in the back seat!
I am pretty sure I am going to be making football cakes from now until Zach graduates from high school. Both of our boys' birthdays come during football season and so that is there obsession at the time! Here is my 5th football cake I have made!
Gunnar is very excited to be 15 and what this next year will bring for him. I think it is safe to say that he is more excited to drive than to date (so are Chad & I!). For his birthday he wanted to go paint balling with his friends up on our ranch. It wasn't really a party, because he is too cool for that kind of stuff now. And of course I couldn't get the boys to pose for pictures, because they are too cool. So I took a few shots while they were getting ready for battle! Notice they didn't start until dark! Chad thought they were crazy (this from the man who spent most of his nights in high school spotlighting all night!!) I thought for sure we were going to have someone fall and break an ankle or something because we were doing this the night before their first football game! I am glad to say that not one boy was too seriously harmed, Chad & Zach couldn't resist a few cheap shots at the boys while they were at the truck reloading and we were watching from the safety of my car! I think they were the ones who inflicted the most pain! The boys all had a blast & Chad realized he is getting old - it was all he could do to stay awake past midnight waiting for the boys to run out of paintballs!
3 comments:
We agree! It's no surprise to us that he has grown into an amazing young man, since he has always been a loving, tender and hard working little guy since the beginning. We love you Gunnar! Happy Birthday!
He is still our cute little G-Man, just don't tell him that:) It is so weird that he is 15! I hope Bodie still gives me hugs and tells me he loves me when he is 15 (He won't if he is anything like Clay was at that age. . . I'll have to tell you that story later-or ask Tristen).
I can't believe how big he is. He is such a stud. I love him.
Post a Comment