September has already been a month of firsts for our family. So I thought it would be fun to share them all with you!
FIRST of all on September FIRST our FIRSTborn turn 15!
On that same day our little baby went to her FIRST dance class!
And that afternoon she had her FIRST day of Preschool!!

Gunnar got to score his FIRST touchdown of the season in his FIRST high school football game! (technically it was in August, but it's close enough) He also had his FIRST injury in that game and sat the whole second half, but is doing fine now!
I got to help haul hay for the FIRST time. I know that doesn't seem really exciting and note worthy, but those bales of hay are freakin' heavy and although I only lifted a few and put them on the trailer I am pretty sure I am going to be sore in the morning! Most of the time Gunnar & I just watched Chad in awe of his strength! While he was picking them up and throwing them on the trailer we attempted to stack them neatly on the trailer.
Jessica got to drive her dad's truck for the FIRST time! Yep, the benefits of living on a ranch! While we were loading the hay, Jess was driving for us! She did a great job!
I got to drive a semi-truck for the FIRST time! I have loved driving from the moment I first got behind the wheel in Mexico when I was 15. I guess it's a good thing because I spend most of my afternoons driving my kids to all their activities! Some day I hope to drive across the country in an RV, it may be by myself, because Chad doesn't share that dream! Another goal I have had is to drive a semi truck and today I got to do that for the FIRST time! Chad had some big bales of hay to load with the tractor and needed someone to drive the semi & I just happened to be that someone! It was pretty cool! Chad was actually impressed that I didn't kill it once (it's a stick shift)
Gunnar had two driving FIRSTS also this week. He got to drive himself to the high school (don't tell anybody!) Chad & I were not home and he needed to be there, so Chad told him to just take his truck! Now that is trust! I was dying, but glad to say he made it there safe.
He also drove on Main Street in Spanish Fork for the FIRST time. I was with him, and he was very nervous. He has really only driven on the country roads (no street lights, or much traffic to deal with). He did really well & I only freaked out a little bit once when he took a left turn a little too sharp!!
I really can't wait until he can legally drive and help me out with carpooling everyone everywhere!!
I got to help haul hay for the FIRST time. I know that doesn't seem really exciting and note worthy, but those bales of hay are freakin' heavy and although I only lifted a few and put them on the trailer I am pretty sure I am going to be sore in the morning! Most of the time Gunnar & I just watched Chad in awe of his strength! While he was picking them up and throwing them on the trailer we attempted to stack them neatly on the trailer.
Jessica got to drive her dad's truck for the FIRST time! Yep, the benefits of living on a ranch! While we were loading the hay, Jess was driving for us! She did a great job!
I got to drive a semi-truck for the FIRST time! I have loved driving from the moment I first got behind the wheel in Mexico when I was 15. I guess it's a good thing because I spend most of my afternoons driving my kids to all their activities! Some day I hope to drive across the country in an RV, it may be by myself, because Chad doesn't share that dream! Another goal I have had is to drive a semi truck and today I got to do that for the FIRST time! Chad had some big bales of hay to load with the tractor and needed someone to drive the semi & I just happened to be that someone! It was pretty cool! Chad was actually impressed that I didn't kill it once (it's a stick shift)
Gunnar had two driving FIRSTS also this week. He got to drive himself to the high school (don't tell anybody!) Chad & I were not home and he needed to be there, so Chad told him to just take his truck! Now that is trust! I was dying, but glad to say he made it there safe.
He also drove on Main Street in Spanish Fork for the FIRST time. I was with him, and he was very nervous. He has really only driven on the country roads (no street lights, or much traffic to deal with). He did really well & I only freaked out a little bit once when he took a left turn a little too sharp!!
I really can't wait until he can legally drive and help me out with carpooling everyone everywhere!!
4 comments:
Tiff, you were up late! or early depending on how you look at it! I can't believe Rylee is off to school and dancing. Too cute! What did YOU do when you had a few hours alone?
I was up way too late!! My brain shutdown on me and I had to finish the blog entry this morning! So far I haven't been able to do anything too exciting - I have been canning and cleaning!
You were up late. I am such a wimp. The second Bodie goes to bed, which is at 8:00, I get ready for bed. What an exciting month. . . and it's only the 9th!
What a week of firsts!! I can't believe Gunnar is driving! Rylee looks adorable in her dance outfit. What a big week for the Beus family!
Post a Comment