Sunday, July 27, 2008

Kourtney's Birthday Party

I know Kourtney's birthday was two weeks ago, but I am just now finding some free time to get these pictures up from her party! She is our monkey lovin' girl, so of course we had a "monkey" themed party. I searched online for a cute monkey cake to make. We found several and she agonized over which one she wanted, she ended up having Chad choose because it was just too difficult for her! Here is the finished product! Following in my mother's tradition, I took Kourtney on a special day, and our first stop was the party store for party favors and anything monkey! We found some great stuff! Then we headed to the mall where we were joined by Grandma Kat. We had lots of fun shopping. In preparation for her party Kourtney worked for hours to get everything ready. She put together these party favors complete with a card on the front that said "I'm "bananas" for you". She cut out matching monkey heads to coordinate with the different colors of inflatable monkeys we got for everyone. It was so fun to watch her work and be so excited to share her birthday with her cousins.
For the last year Kourtney has been asking if she can shove her face in her birthday cake or a pie! Don't ask me where she came up with the idea, but it truly was a dream of hers! So, being the brilliant mother that I am, I thought it would be fun to get 10 pie crusts and fill them with whipping cream and then let her siblings and cousin line up to throw them in her face. I had a talk with the pie throwers asking them to be gentle, but I don't think they heard anything past "pie in Kourtney's face", because as you see in the pictures they were anything but gentle and they got it all over her!! She was such a good sport though!! We had her stand in the middle of the tables and I covered her eyes while they all lined up and got the cameras ready, then we yelled "Happy Birthday" and I moved my hands! In a matter of seconds she had 10 pies all over her and one bloody nose! Thanks, Zach & Gunnar!! She smiled through it all & I don't think she will be asking for a pie or cake in the face anytime soon!




Once again, being the great mother that I am, I forgot to bring any water or any way to clean Kourtney up after the pie throwing. We were at a park in Provo and were heading to the Peaks Arena to ice skate afterwards. So Chad & I took her across the street to some apartments and borrowed a hose to hose her down. It was freezing cold water and once again Kourtney was a great sport! So sorry Kourtney, I really had it going very differently in my head! After she was all cleaned up she started planning her revenge on her siblings and cousins - watch out guys!!
Just in case we didn't have enough "monkey" treats, Kourtney also made these cute monkey cupcakes! Her favorite monkey "Swing" came along for the ice skating - I should have zoomed out on this picture so you could see that Swing is actually wearing ice skates!!


Waiting for Jess to light the candles!
Opening presents! A perfect shirt from her cousin Whitley. It says, "Don't blame me, the monkey's made me do it!"Some how I managed to get absolutely zero pictures of everyone ice skating. So if anyone else got some great pics please send them along. I think Grandpa Den was the surprise skater of the night, wowing the girls with his ablility to skate backwards! Way to go Dad!!
Thanks again everyone who came, we missed those who couldn't make it!

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

Kourtney deserves an award for being a good sport as the pies were being thrust at her with incredible speed! She still smiled even though she got a bloody nose! Thanks to Gunnar, Sabrina, Jessica and Tara for taking me around the ice skating rink!!

Unknown said...

Now that is some crazy monkey business!! You are so fun Tiff! The pie smashing looks painful. I love your cakes! You could be the next cake challenger!

Stephanie said...

Tiffany your cakes are always so amazing! Looks like a great party.
The blow up monkeys looked like fun I'm sure all the kids had a great time!

Tristen said...

It was a great party - it would have been good if the park had water and a bathroom! Kourtney is hilarious. I am glad she got her pie in the face wish. It really was funny to watch her get creamed! I have a few pictures of the ice skaters - I will e-mail them to you. Thanks for the party, they kids had a great time!

Kim said...

That was such a fun party! Thanks for the great time. . .and for all the diapers I ended up borrowing from you, Tara and Tristen! Sheesh.