Sunday, June 29, 2008

Camp Koholowo!

Welcome to camp Koholowo! Jess was so excited to finally get to camp and get all settled. Girl's Camp has definitely changed since I was in YW's. We actually camped in tents! Here we had cots and running water and electricity! Wow are we spoiled!
Our stake theme was "Happily Ever After" so each ward picked a Disney movie. We were "Shrek", our camp director made this great Shrek! He was the hit of camp!

Jessica and her friends climbing in the rafters of our cabin.
We had a Camp Koholowo Pageant. The Stake chose a leader to represent each ward and then we had a few hours to come up with a talent for our pageant queen and a dress from a bag of things they gave us. We had a blast planning this and it turned out pretty great. This is our Young Women's President, dressed as Fiona, with some of our girls, Jess included, as her backup singers! Tying quilts for humanitarian projects
Certification!! Learning how to tie very useful knots! Cleaning up the bathrooms!
For our ward skit we did a spin off of American Idol called - Ogre Idol. It was a very fabulous skit! I wish I would have brought my camcorder. Jess sang "How does she know?" from Enchanted. She did a great job of singing way off key and then forgetting the words and running of the stage! To make it different and more like "Shrek" we had some of the girls sing really horrible and the judges loved them the most! So of course Jess was our winner! The morale of the skit - it doesn't matter what you sound like or look like on the outside, it's what's inside that counts!
Me & Jess in our matching pj's! It was so fun for me to be at camp with Jess!


We went on a short hike to see this beautiful view, but of course I was not able to enjoy it due to my horrible fear of heights! Notice I am not in the picture, there was no way I was getting that close to the edge of the cliff!
Jessica and her good friends, McKenzi & Macady.
We learned this hilarious new camera game. The girls were supposed to completely relax their faces and then jiggle back and forth really fast! We took several but this was probably the funniest! We all had a good laugh!
Singing camp songs! One of my favorite parts of camp! Our whole gang! Thanks so much Chad for taking great care of the kids back home so I could enjoy girls camp with Jess! Everyone was alive and well when we got home and the house was pretty darn clean!

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

Wow, beds and cabins!! That's a new feature for girls camp! I probably would of enjoyed it more if we had had those amenities! Jessica just keeps getting more beautiful everyday. How fun for her to have her mom there!

Tara said...

Oh my goodness that looked like you guys had so much fun! I am so jealous that you have a twelve year old daughter to go to camp with you, I can't wait!

Unknown said...

I love love love girls camp. It doesn't look the same but still looks so fun. I bet you were in your element up there. I love Jess' "all you need is love" shirt!

Tristen said...

I love the Ogre Idol skit. I wish I could have seen that, especially Jess up there singing her heart out, badly. What a babe! Camping has really changed since we went to girls camp. Man, I could handle water and electricity while camping! I love that you were able to go with Jess, that is awesome!