Saturday, September 1, 2012

Eighteen

I'm a really old enough to have an 18 year old son?  I swear it was just yesterday that I was turning 18!

This kid was quite a surprise addition to our small family all those years ago, but has blessed our lives more than we could have ever imagined!  Gunnar, we are so grateful to call you our son, and hope that you know how much we love you!   Thank you for being such a great example to all your siblings, cousins, friends and family.  You are one loved guy!!  

Eighteen things I love about Gunnar:
1 - His tender heart, don't let that tough exterior fool you!  This kid is all heart!
2 - His great hugs - he has never gotten too cool to give his mom a hug!!
3 - His brains - definitely got that from his dad!  He never forgets a thing he has heard or learned
4 - His awesome, Wolverine-like hair!
5 - His laugh - it's contagious
6 - His little dance he does after a great play on the football field - if you haven't seen it you are really missing out!
7 - His desire to excel in all he does, whether it's at school, sports, or home he always wants to be the best he can.
8 - His love for his family - even his sisters & crazy aunts!!
9 - His testimony & knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ
10 - His mad football skills - whether he is tackling, running, or blocking we are his biggest fans!!
11 - His protective nature, he is always watching out for the little guy
12 - His love for animals - whether he is hunting them or raising them, this kid loves animals!
13 - He will eat anything you put in front of him!  In a house of picky eaters, this is a big one!
14 - He can never resist a challenging puzzle or board game - don't ever play him in monopoly, he'll beat you every time!
15 - To watch him bless the sacrament each Sunday - always brings a smile to my face!
16 - His maturity - I'm pretty sure he was born grown up!
17 - His strength - both physical & spiritual
18 - Being your mom - I'll admit I take great pride in saying I am Gunnar's mom!

3 comments:

Tristen said...

Oh man, I'm crying now! Can you raise my boys so they turn out like him?? I LOVE GUNNAR! I remember each of those faces. I can't believe he is 18!! I'm so proud to say I am Gunnar's Crazy Auntie!!

Unknown said...

Dito to everything Tristen said!! I mean really, he is amazing!

Kathryn said...

Tiff, you said it perfectly!!! Gunnar is all that and more!! I love his hugs so much and they way he treats all his younger cousins!!! I think it's fair to say that he is the perfect first grandchild!!!!!