Gunnar & Gus Gus
I finally broke down the other day, after months and months of begging from my kids, and took them to PetsMart to buy some new critters. They have been saving their money & I figured if they were willing to spent their own money, they would be more responsible in taking care of their new pets. So far so good and everyone is happy and healthy. Had I known that we would be leaving the store with two rodents, I may have let them beg for another few months! Kourtney had been wanting a turtle, which I was totally fine with, and Jess was wanting a bird, which I was also fine with. Once we got in the store, Gunnar & Zach decided they needed a pet also. Apparently the two turtles they had at the store were not up to Kourtney's standards so she moved onto the rodent section. She immediately fell in love with a mouse!! I don't know who's daughter she is, because she did not get that from me!!! And Gunnar just had to have a RAT! Are you kidding me? I couldn't not convince them how crazy they were for wanting to pay money for nasty rodents that we kill on a regular basis around our ranch!! So after about an hour of debating, deciding, & purchasing we left PetsMart with a rat, a mouse & 2 birds, their homes, bedding, & food to keep them alive! Rylee was in heaven - she still goes from room to room to check on everybody and first thing when she wakes up she makes Gunnar take her to his room to play with Gus Gus and then up to Kourtney's room to hold Squeakers! Yes, Rylee holds and even kisses squeakers on a regular basis! Jessica is the only sane one who refuses to play with the rodents!!
Kourtney & Squeakers (she could not get her to hold still long enough to get a good picture. I hate to admit it, but it is a pretty cute mouse, that still won't stop me from killing it if it gets loose)
7 comments:
Tiff, all I can say is that you are SO brave, and the best mom! You're kids are SO lucky!
WOW it is true, you have a pet mouse and rat!! OK so you get the best mom of the year award again!!
I thought I was good to let Telisa get Hampsters!? Wow Tiff, I hope your kids appreciate you! Hope your rodents don't get loose, climb into your heating system, short it out and you have to get a new system! Remember that Telisa?
What about the snakes? Didn't they have any snakes? And the monkeys? I think a Liger would be a terrific pet! Ferrets are great too! Don't snakes eat rats and mice? You should have purchased two rabbits so they could really learn to take of animals!!!! What to go Tiff, you are the super Mom! Now, could you convince Mom to let me get a pet?
Wow Is all I have too say! Are the birds noisy?
And I have to come to your house on Sunday???? I don't know if I'll have much of an appetite. Just kidding. it is a pretty cute mouse, and i love the name Gus Gus. But you do deserve the mom of the year award!!
Shezam. . . that is awesome! You wouldn't kill Squeackers would you? So many of my hampsters got loose. . . sorry mom.
Post a Comment