This road trip was one for the books!! I am a sucker for a good road trip and this one was no exception!!! It was such an adventure helping Telisa haul her trailer loaded with the essentials and her 3 precious boys from Sandy, Utah to Fairbanks, Alaska in 4 days. We saw it all - beautiful country, variety of awesome animals, antique gas stations, snow, sun. We did it all - potty breaks off the side of the road & in some really sketchy bathrooms, refilling the truck with our spare gas cans a few too many times, stayed in a few sketchy hotels and cabins, had to stop one night short of our goal because of snow, ate too much junk food and caffeine, but luckily never had to change a flat tire. We learned that Canada is probably not the place for us - no fountain drinks at any of the gas stations!! We laughed our way across the country even when there were times we should probably have cried! Everyone kept telling us that they couldn't believe we felt confident that we could do this on our own and I will admit I was pretty nervous until we actually got on the road. Even when I was driving through the worst snow storm ever, pulling a trailer, in country I had never been in, I felt complete peace that everything would be fine and we would make it safely there. I like to think that we had some help from the other side to make this journey!! The hardest part of the whole trip was saying goodbye to the Van Leeuwen's and heading home. We miss them so much and can't wait to go back and visit again.












No comments:
Post a Comment