Thursday, April 24, 2014

Hardest/Best Day

From the time I was 13 years old and packed up all my belongings along with my family to move to Mexico for 3 years while my parents served as Mission Presidents, I have had a strong testimony of missionary work.  Those three years impacted my life more than any other time so far.  I gained a true love for missionary work, and saw first hand how it changes lives.  It was always part of Gunnar's plan to serve a mission and I full heartily supported him, but I will admit that on this day, as I had to say goodbye to my little boy, I was questioning why he had to go.  Couldn't he change lives and serve the Lord here at home?   It didn't take long for the spirit to let me know that what he was doing was what needed to be done and that we would all be blessed for his service.  I know that he will be an amazing missionary, that he will bless so many people's lives, and that he will grow and become closer to his Heavenly Father and Savior than he could anywhere else.  He leaves a big hole in our family and we miss him terribly, but are so proud of his sacrifice and example.



No comments: